TIC TAC® HOPPY HUNTING PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Tic Tac Hoppy Hunting Promotion (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and the advertising, promotional and judging agencies of each, including Gold N Fish Marketing Group LLC (“Administrator”); employees, officers and directors of any other entities affiliated with the development and administration of the Promotion (aforementioned individuals and organizations collectively, the “Promotion Parties”); and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, spouse, including “steps”) of each such person, and persons living in the same household as each such person (whether related or not) are not eligible. Any determinations of eligibility will be made by the Sponsor whose decisions are final, and may be made at any time. Void where prohibited. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Promotion is comprised of two separate segments:
- A Game (the “Game”) which begins at 12:01:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 30, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2020 or when supplies are exhausted, whichever occurs earlier (“Game Period”); and
- An Online Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) which begins at 12:01:00 PM ET on January 30, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Parties, which are final and binding. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Any participant may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion if he/she fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the term “participant” includes any entrant or prize recipient.
4a. TO PLAY THE GAME:
There are two ways to play the Game:
- Visit a participating retailer during the Game Period and purchase a specially-marked package of Tic Tac® Mints. After making the purchase, open the package and look inside to see if your package contains the winning game piece. If your package of Tic Tac Mints contains the winning game piece, you may be the winner of the prize described in Section 4b, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. If your package does not contain the winning game piece, you are not a winner in the Game. See Section 6 below for prize claim details.
- No Purchase Necessary: To participate without purchasing a specially-marked package of Tic Tac Mints during the Game Period, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Tic Tac Free Play, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. The Administrator (or its authorized designee) will play for you and will return the results of your free play and a copy of the Official Rules (along with prize claim instructions, if you are a winner) in your self-addressed, stamped envelope. Free play requests must be postmarked between February 15, 2020 and April 30, 2020 and must be received by May 7, 2020. Limit one free play request per stamped outer mailing envelope. Valid requests will be honored while supplies last. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsor for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, stolen, postage-due or misdirected mail.
4b. GAME PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) Grand Prize will be made available in the Game consisting of $5,000 awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner. Odds of winning: 1:426,196.
4c. TO CLAIM THE GAME PRIZE: If your specially-marked package of Tic Tac Mints contains the winning game piece, make a photocopy of the winning game piece and keep the photocopy for your records. Then, mail your original winning game piece, along with your complete name, complete address, telephone number, and email address printed on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper, VIA CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED, to: Tic Tac Hoppy Hunting Game Prize Claim, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750, to be received by May 31, 2020. Claims received after May 31, 2020 are void. PRIZE IS NOT REDEEMABLE IN-STORE – DO NOT GIVE WINNING GAME PIECE TO STORE EMPLOYEES.
All prize claims are subject to verification and are void if the result of error. All prize claims submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Verified winners will be confirmed and will receive prize or notification by mail or email within 6-8 weeks after receipt of prize claim. No other correspondence will be acknowledged or entered into. Game materials are void if obtained where prohibited by law, obtained through unauthorized distribution channels and/or if any part is illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, duplicated or tampered with in any way or if it contains printing, typographical, mechanical or other errors. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more than the stated number of prizes.
Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery of a winning game piece. Participant assumes all risk of loss or damage to, or destruction of, game piece. You are not a winner until your prize claim has been verified by the Administrator and you have complied with the Official Rules. See additional prize restrictions in Section 6.
4d. GAME PRIZE SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: If the Game Prize remains unclaimed after May 31, 2020, the Game Prize will be awarded via a random drawing to be conducted on or about June 15, 2020 by Administrator from among all eligible Second Chance Drawing entries received. To enter the Second Chance Drawing, hand print your name, complete address, age, and phone number on a postcard and mail it to be postmarked by April 30, 2020 and received by May 7, 2020 to: Tic Tac Hoppy Hunting Second Chance Entry, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Limit one Second Chance Drawing entry per person. Odds of winning the Second Chance Drawing (if held) will be determined by the number of eligible Second Chance Drawing entries received. If the Game Prize is claimed in the normal course of the Game, the Second Chance Drawing will not be held.
5a. TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit tictac.com/easter2020 during the Sweepstakes Period, locate the Sweepstakes entry form, provide the required information to complete the entry form, and submit the entry form so it is received no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on April 30, 2020. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person/email address for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
As part of the entry process, you will be required to select your favorite retailer from a drop-down list of ten (10) retailers posted on the entry page. The retailer you choose will determine in which entry pool your entry will be placed. Any attempt by a person to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules (including but not limited to the use of robotic/automatic entry devices, multiple online accounts, or multiple identities) shall result in disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry. Late entries will be void and ineligible. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. All submitted information becomes property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Entrants are solely responsible for internet access and usage charges incurred during participation in the Sweepstakes, if any. Note that free internet access is available at most public libraries.
5b. SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZES – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about May 5, 2020, the Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct ten (10) random drawings (one from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received for such entry pool) to award one (1) prize per entry pool. Each prize will consist of a $500 prepaid gift card/certificate to the retailer named in the applicable winning entry. Total approximate retail value of all Sweepstakes prizes is $5,000. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Sweepstakes entries received per entry pool. See additional prize restrictions and winner notification details in Section 6.
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: All taxes (including without limitation Federal, state and local taxes) in connection with a prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the applicable prize recipient. Expenses not specified will be the responsibility of the applicable prize recipient. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No prize transfer. No prize substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion due to unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Potential winners will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within seven (7) days of attempted notification, or the applicable prize will be forfeited. The potential Game Prize winner will also be required to return a properly completed IRS W-9 form within the time period specified by Sponsor, and each such winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 issued in his/her name for the fair market value of prizes received. Proof of identity, age, and legal residence may be required to claim a prize. Any winner or potential winner may be disqualified (and the applicable prize forfeited) in Sponsor’s sole discretion if: (a) the applicable winner or potential winner fails to reply or to provide any required information or properly completed documents within the required time period; (b) the applicable winner or potential winner fails to comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules; or (c) if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable. In the event of prize forfeiture or the disqualification of any winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion the applicable prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining applicable eligible entries via the means of winner determination described herein, pending verification of eligibility. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any incorrect or missing contact information associated with an entry or prize claim, or for any change of contact information of a participant after submission. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions as set by the issuer. Exact retailer from which the gift cards will come shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- GENERAL: Releasees (as defined below in Section 10) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, illegible, inaccurate, incorrect game pieces, game plays, entries, forms, or prize claims, or for other failures, problems, malfunctions or errors whether caused by equipment human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of game plays, game pieces or prize claims, the announcement of the prizes or winners, or for printing, typographical, human, seeding or other errors in connection with this Promotion or other such errors appearing in these Official Rules, any game pieces or other Promotion-related materials. Game pieces are void if not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules, or if any part is forged, illegible, counterfeited, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, photocopied, altered, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors. Releasees will have no liability for damaged game pieces or game pieces containing printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors, except the Sponsor may replace such game pieces with a replacement prize opportunity of equivalent odds and value, while supplies last. Although Sponsor attempts to ensure the integrity of the Promotion, Releasees are not responsible for the actions of participants or other individuals in connection with the Promotion, including participants’ or other individuals’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer(s), wireless devices, other equipment or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion or downloading materials from or using any website. In the event of any conflict between any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in any Promotion advertising materials or disclosures, the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, by reason of any acts of God, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, strikes or legal disputes (whether legal or illegal), industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Promotion, and to select winners from among all eligible non-suspect entries and/or prize claims received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. You are not a winner until your entry or game piece has been verified and you have complied with these Official Rules. In no event will Sponsor be obligated to award more prizes than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules, at any prize level. If, due to a printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other error, the number of prize claims received is greater than the listed number of prizes at any prize level, such listed number of prizes (or in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the number of available prizes remaining at such prize level, at the time such error is discovered) will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible participants who: [a] submit a legitimate prize claim for that level; and [b] have not already received one of the applicable prizes prior to the discovery of such error. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity or any deficiency in these Official Rules or the Promotion, including its administration.
- RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY: By participating in this Promotion, unless prohibited by law, each potential winner consents to use of his/her respective name, city and state, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising or publicity purposes for this and similar promotions without compensation, and may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Moreover, by participating in this Promotion, unless prohibited by law, each potential prize recipient agrees to grant to Sponsor and its licensees, affiliates and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the prize recipient’s respective name, city and state, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated) and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANTS FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE PROMOTION PARTIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, Affiliates, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (AFOREMENTIONED INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES”) HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE PROMOTION, ATTENDANCE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR ANY ITEM REDEEMED THEREWITH, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY AND THE COLLECTION, USE AND/OR SHARING BY SPONSOR OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION OF THE PARTICIPANTS, OR FOR ANY PRINTING, PRODUCTION, TYPOGRAPHICAL, HUMAN OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING, OFFERING OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANY GAME PIECE OR PRIZE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL FROM ANY WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR ATTENDANCE OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PROMOTION, ALL PRIZES AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH ANY WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New Jersey; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion and in no event will a participant be permitted to obtain attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; (c) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for (and participant hereby waives all rights to claim) punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) a participant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and participant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
(a) Severability/Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(b) Winners: To receive the name, city and state of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tic Tac Hoppy Hunting Promotion Winners, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by May 31, 2020.
(c) Rules Requests: To receive a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Tic Tac Hoppy Hunting Promotion Official Rules, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Requests must be received by April 30, 2020.
Sponsor: Ferrero U.S.A., Inc., 7 Sylvan Way, 4th Floor, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Administrator: Gold N Fish Marketing Group LLC, 53 Old Route 22, Armonk, NY 10504
© 2020 Ferrero U.S.A., Inc. All rights reserved.